Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Okay, no, it’s really just nine days away. Not long. I don’t do much for the holiday unless you count wearing something pink, or red. It’s kind of hard to do much on a holiday where I’m sort of what you call, um, single. Ha ha. No sort of about it.
But despite that, I love anything Valentine’s-y. I love all the hearts. I love all the pink. Gobs of pink everywhere. I love the cool things and stuff. I won’t go into details. That’s not why I’m here today. Today, I am here to talk music.
Yep, you say, she’s at it again. She’s going to ramble on about The Enemies. Well, you might be right. Because that is where the inspiration for this post started. I was thinking about their song ‘Pretty Valentine’, as it is on my Go To list on my mp3 player, lead song mind you. However, I was also thinking about other really cool love songs. Not your traditional ones like, oh, “As Time Goes By” and “My Heart Will Go On”. We all know those. Those are the classics. I’m kind of disgusting myself by saying a Celine Dion song is a classic, but hey, whatever floats your boat. It is not one of my more inspiring songs.
Moving on. So in no particular order, though I’m going to put ‘Pretty Valentine’ at the top, here are some cool love songs I’m listening to right now.
- Pretty Valentine – The Enemies
- I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons
- Stubborn Love – The Lumineers
- Sunday Kind of Love – Beth Rowley
- If You Were The Only Girl In The World – Stanley Holloway
- Heartbeat – Enrique Iglesias feat. Nicole Scherzinger
- Give Into Me – Garret Hedlund and Leighton Meester
- Try – P!nk
- Just The Way You Are - The Piano Guys (a Bruno Mars Cover)
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri (Also brilliant by The Piano Guys)
- Lil’ Darlin’ – Count Basie
- Rivers and Roads – The Head and the Heart
- You Go To My Head – Billie Holiday (the classic) and Rod Stewart (the not so classic)
- Overwhelmed – Tim McMorris
- Rain – Patty Griffin
Okay, so this list is far from complete. I live for love songs. I think I may have mentioned that recently. I’m totally in love with “Pretty Valentine”. Sorry I keep rattling on about it. I can’t help it. I urge you to check it out HERE
I could add in all the links to the other songs, but well, I’m sure you can find them y’all. So, I’m curious. Tell me some of your favorite love songs. They don’t have to be traditional. They can be wacky, weird, or all points in between. I’m always up for a new love song.